2014 Confirmation Details:
- Confirmation Classes each Sunday, 3-4:30 pm in the Worship Building beginning February 23, 2014. Click here for a copy of the Parent Info Letter that includes the full schedule of classes.
- Parents need to attend an information meeting on Monday, February 10 at 7 pm in the Worship Building.
- Confirmands (youth participating in confirmation) need to attend an overnight retreat on May 9-10. Specific details and cost TBA at the parent meeting.
- Confirmands will have an exam based on the information they learned in the classes on Sunday, May 11 at 9 am in Classroom 2.
- The confirmation class will be recognize and "confirmed" in front of the congregation on Sunday, May 11, during worship.
More details will be explained at the Parent Meeting on February 23.
What is Confirmation?
This is an awesome experience that typically takes place the beginning of each year.
Students (both High School and Jr. High) are invited to take part in this process where they will learn the basics of Christianity, the story of Jesus Christ, and their part in God’s story of redemption and salvation.
The classes are separate by age level, with a qualified teacher instructing the Jr. High, and likewise for the Sr. High. The process ends with a spiritual uplifting and emotional retreat at the Weldon Family Farm in Inverness, FL.
This is a highly celebrated milestone in a youth’s life, and we encourage the entire church family to surround the confirmation class in prayer, mentorship, and support.
For more information, please contact the church office or email Mike Horst.